Can i really fix bugs? I'm quite a newbie ... well i'll try anyway since i've got kde installed ...
Anyways, is there a conference of the haifa linux organization for newbies sometime soon ?
Thanks for the answer ...
----- Original Message ----- From: "Diego Iastrubni" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Yoni" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: <haifux@haifux.org>
Sent: Sunday, February 06, 2005 7:49 PM
Subject: Re: [Haifux] How can i begin ?

Yoni wrote:

Hello, I was just wondering which convention should i go to in order to start learnin about linux.
I've been programming for a few years under windows, and now i'm interested in learning more about linux, but i don't know where to start since all the meetings are dealing with complex topics.
BTW - I'm 17yo from Haifa.
Thanks .

install linux.

decide:

GUI or Kernel?

if gui

           decide KDE or Gnomel

           if kde

                   goto http://www.kde.org, http://bugs.kde.org

           else

                   goto http://www.gnome.org

else

goto http://www.kernelhacking.org/, http://www.faqs.org/docs/kernel/,

I forgot it's exact URL, but there is a kernel newbies site, maybe someone will remember the exact names.

I hope this is clear :)

If you are looking for KDE bugs (IMHO it's the best way to learn) look in the bugs data base for JJ, Junior Jobs. These are easy bugs, specially for you.