On Sun, 6 Feb 2005, Yoni wrote:
Hello, I was just wondering which convention should i go to in order to start
learnin about linux.
I've been programming for a few years under windows, and now i'm interested in
learning more about linux, but i don't know where to start since all the
meetings are dealing with complex topics.
BTW - I'm 17yo from Haifa.
Thanks .

Hi Yoni,
Conferences are rare in Israel (about once a year), but meetings are frequent.
Newbies (but not only!) are invited to my lecture tomorrow, which is in the SIL (Staying in Linux - http://haifux.org/sil.html) series. The meeting is about programming in C in a free software environment.

Conferences you might attend are:

YAPC: Yet Another Perl Conference
August Penguin: Free Software conference, to happen...every August.
Welcome to Linux events: every November-December.

Meetings you might want to attend:
There are several Linux Clubs (one in each major city) and a perl club.
Orna.
--
Orna Agmon http://haifux.org/~ladypine/
ICQ: 348759096