One small point that still bothers me:

On Wed, May 10, 2006 at 01:22:18AM +0300, Michael Vasiliev wrote:

> For the less security aware, there is the kernel support for hardware
> generators on the motherboard in the current kernel that is about as hard to
> get as running "make menuconfig" and enabling an option. (Well, maybe they
> miss it because they analyze the kernel source snapshot of December 2004, can
> anyone confirm?)

Will that work on every motherboard? On every architecture?

Anyway, has there been any discussion of their claims after the article
was published but before it made it to the press? Two monthes is a long
time. I also read somewhere that the authors claimed that they have
brought the problems to the attention of kernel developers but nothing
was done.

Anybody with more information?

-- Tzafrir