On 4/5/07, Kohn Emil Dan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

AFAIK the latest version of AIX (AIX 5L) is based on Linux (at least this
is what I heard that the 'L' stands for), so I think that there is
definitely a big connection with Linux and AIX if anyone cared about it.

Other than that, I agree with Eli.

the L stands for linux, true. it is there to claim a linux affinity, which
ironically involves no code whatsoever  from linux itself. it doeas, however
involve lots of FOSS. it's much like sun's SFW.

furthermore, i love ice-cream manufacturing. anyone want a lecture?