I'm not sure where to post this.  Ever since learning that SASS is
going to be SCSS I've become a little distraught.  I've been
absolutely loving SASS as a language.  It's visually easy to navigate
and see how CSS cascades.  It's actually a lot of *fun*, I feel like
I'm programming Python instead of Perl/PHP.  This is a good thing.

With SCSS, I feel like SASS taking a step backward and getting into
Perl territory.  CSS is already dense enough.  I don't really need
curly-braces, dollar marks or semi-colons.  They're just visual cruft
that (seem to) serve no purpose but to ease adoption by people who are
already familiar with CSS.  The trade-off doesn't seem like it's worth
it.

I'm wondering if the already-wonderful HAML is going to take the same
steps and get into using angle brackets and 'dumb it down' so that
people who know HTML will be more at home with it.

Is all this just for greater adoption?  Or is there a deeper purpose?
If it's just adoption, you've lost me.  I use [compass] every day to
style documents at work.  If SCSS becomes the default to compile
against, I'll just not upgrade.  It's just not worth it to me.

Thanks.