Is it possible to generate CSS dynamically from a controller#view?

I want my users to be able to define css attributes for certain boxes.
But instead of using them as inline css, I rather want to interpret
some ruby variables and return a custom css class. Inline CSS is far
to limited.

What I tried is create a 'show.css.haml' template with :sass at the
beginning. But this does not support sass variables, neither any ruby
within the sass part.

If you have suggestions or want to know more details, I could use any
input at this point.