This is what I have come up with so far:

https://gist.github.com/816195

I created a new Template Handler that would process my template with
ERB first, then render it with Sass.

Thanks to Andrew Vit and Chris Eppstein for though input:
(http://groups.google.com/group/compass-users/browse_thread/thread/
6c987ebf2fcaf33b/f41c661d4ddac618)