On the subject of school/work IT stupidity:

One of the girls here moved over from another part of the company nearly a
month ago. Her login got changed because of the move and she couldn't connect
to the email server any more.

Her new manager contacted support and asked or her email account to be moved
over too. She still has no email and (3 weeks later) her manager just called
again and demanded to know why she still has no email. The reason given (you'll
love this one.)

"We emailed her requesting more information and she never responded so we
closed the case."

!!!!!

Cheers,
Paul.