On Wed, Oct 8, 2008 at 10:53 AM, Becky Taylor
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Wow, your school's giving out eee pcs? I wish my college would do that...
> I keep trying to get my friends into linux, but the closest I got was
> when my friend asked me to install Mint on his laptop... That didn't
> turn out so good, I accidentally wiped all his data on XP! Owch... He's
> very understanding and wasn't too cross with me, but i still feel guilty
> when I think about it... :-/ .
> I think next time I partition someone's hard drive I'll be a bit more
> careful. Well... a lot more careful ! ;-)

Yeah, it's rather awesome. They have to be returned when you leave the
school but you also get a wireless internet dongle thingy which is
really handy. Thing is they've blocked practically everything on the
internet, all discussions forums, social networking sites, web email,
etc. (They're meant to be for people without computers/the internet
for use for homework, etc)

It's not the kind of thing you'd expect from my school (for anyone who
knows the area I go to Chamberlayne). The rumour is that no other
school wanted them so we got loads (although I doubt it's true).