At 22:27 10/10/2008, you wrote:
>On Fri, 10 Oct 2008 18:42:03 +0100
>David Rozzell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > I bought this [1] Barebones bundle from Novatech almost 2 weeks ago,
> > not had any issues with it, installed Opensuse11.0 64bit on it
> > without any problems at all. It uses the MSI K9N6PGM2-V motherboard
> > [2] which is 24.4cm (9.6") X 20.5cm (8"), so not quite as big as the
> > one you have now. Novatech also sell the motherboard separately [3]
> > or as a motherboard bundle with processor & RAM [4]
>
> > [4] http://www.novatech.co.uk/novatech/specpage.html?MBB-A502M
>
>That bundle looks about the right price but will have to consult the
>accountant first :-)
>
>It will eventually need a PCI Express graphics card I guess but with 2
>pci slots I can still use the advansys scsi card I need for my scanner
>and a PCI graphics card to get me going.

I expect the pci graphics card would be worse than on board gfx nowadays
particularly since newish motherboards have to support gfx heavy vista premium.

I bought a gigabyte ga-ep35c-ds3r with quad core in the last two weeks but
the ide port has been a real pain. It wouild only pick up one hard
drive the slave
it didnt like nor a optical drive either.

On the windows side the drivers installation software didnt like xp sp3.
This motherboard has been quite a pain really but now its working its nice
enough.

Almost all the motherboards i could find have only 1 ide port which could
mess things up if you get some weird config error like i did. Also if you have
3 ide devices you will have to get a pata to sata adaptor to use it.

Hope that helps,

Martin N