On Tue, 21 Oct 2008 13:30:32 +0100
"Chris Aitken" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hello Chris,

> Adding to an existing circuit is non-reportable (minor works). The
> 17th edition is a recommendation to follow and is not legally binding.

True, but insurance *is* legally binding.  Household insurance requires
that all electrical installations be carried out to any and all
relevant standards.  Of course, if you chose not to insure your
property(0).....

(0)  Not an option if you have a mortgage as the lender will require you
to adequately insure the building.

--
 Regards  _

If you ain't sticking your knives in me, you will be eventually
Monsoon - Robbie Williams