Stephen Rowles wrote:
> Maybe I don't understand, but as I see it Electricians and the IEE must be
> great at lobbying the government to create this legally required money
> making scheme :(
>
> I wish to run a spur in my house, I know what I'm doing where I want to
> run it and I am sure that it is the only spur on that particular ring
> circuit so there won't be any problems.

Addition to an existing circuit is consider a minor works and you don't
need a full test and inspection. You can do it yourself but I suspect
you'd find it difficult to get an electrician to give you a minor works
cert and it wouldn't probably cost nearly as much as asking them to do
it anyway. The reality is that no one would know you did it and unless
insurance companies start to insist on a recent test and inspection,
you'll have no problems. I have the C&G 16th wiring regs and Test and
Inspection certificates.

John.