On Wed, 22 Oct 2008 at 11:06:53AM +0000, Tony Whitmore wrote:

> On Wed, 22 Oct 2008 11:53:53 +0100, Dr Adam J Trickett
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > On Wed, 22 Oct 2008 at 10:22:15AM +0100, Phillip Chandler wrote:
> >
> > Which is why I run Debian.
>
> Each to their own, and choice is a wonderful thing etc. but I think it's
> worth pointing out that Ubuntu makes Long Term Support (LTS) releases,
> which guarantee bug and security fixes for three years on the desktop and
> five years on the server. That's pretty long term, IMHO.

I agree that Ubuntu LTS is more suitable for normal users who
don't like the regular changes. Ubuntu on a 6-month cycle isn't
too bad though, but it's not for me.

My family and servers get stable I run testing/sid.

Variety and choice is good.

--
Adam Trickett
Overton, HANTS, UK

Considering the number of wheels Microsoft has found reason
to invent, one never ceases to be baffled by the minuscule
number whose shape even vaguely resembles a circle.
    -- anon, on Usenet