On Tue, 28 Oct 2008 09:11:31 +0000
"Edward Beckmann" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hello Edward,

> If I use one of the USB-powered external HDDs now quite common, can I
> power them down without unplugging them?  I want to use one for

Yes, you can.  If you right click on the desktop icon (assuming you have
your DE set to show an icon for it) there's usually a "safely remove"
option.  Select that if you want to be totally sure about things.  Then
power down.

--
 Regards  _

It's becoming an obsession
Teenage Depression - Eddie & The Hot Rods