From: pavithran

> Though its bundled with Xandros . I would like to
> install debian or gnewsense .

There's a version of Ubuntu for the Eee. It works flawlessly on
our Eee 701, except that some displays are a smidgen too big for
the screen.

> And how is the performance ? Can we do simple tasks like
> document processing ( OO is slow and should obviously be
> slower in eee) and probably code some PHP.

So far it's extremely good for what it is. However, we use it
mostly for notes and USB testing, so we don't push it hard.

> Finally where do we get them in southampton?

PC World over the road from the station.

Stephen
--
Stephen Pelc, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
tel: +44 (0)23 8063 1441, fax: +44 (0)23 8033 9691