On Wednesday 03 December 2008 00:52:32 Paul Tansom wrote:
> ** Dr Adam Trickett <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2008-12-02 22:30]:
> > Has anyone been annoyed by the silly Microsoft advert where clueless
> > people claim that they are a PC?
> >
> > The advert really gets on my nerves, because I don't want to be a PC, I'm
> > happy being a human being. I therefore think it's important that we start
> > a meme where people say something along the lines of: "I am a person not
> > a PC" or "I am not a PC - I am a free man".
> >
> > So have a go, put something witty in your signature... Or not as the case
> > may be, as you are a free man or woman and may chose to do what you
> > wish...!
>
> ** end quote [Dr Adam Trickett]
>
> Since I first saw the advert I've had the urge to get a copy and tweak
> the end frames to either:
>
> 1. replace the Windows logos and images with Tux  ..or..
> 2. put a tag line something along the lines of "..but to make my PC
> useful I installed Linux"
>
> I can't remember the link off hand, but I did see a video on the Apple
> website along the same lines as their earlier ones where the 'PC' is
> dividing up a stack of cash between R&D to fix the Vista bugs and
> advertising. He carries on at a ration of something like 4 to 1 (it's a
> week or so back since I saw it) in favour of advertising. Then the 'Mac'
> asks whether the money set aside for R&D is enough to fix all the Vista
> bugs, to which the 'PC' replies "you're right" and puts the whole lot
> into advertising. I can't imagine Microsoft being too keen on that one,
> however true it may be ;)
>
> --
> Paul Tansom | Aptanet Ltd. | http://www.aptanet.com/ | 023 9238 0001
> Registered in England  |  Company No: 4905028  |  Registered Office:
> Crawford House, Hambledon Road, Denmead, Waterlooville, Hants, PO7 6NU

The MS advert that annoys me are the ones for MS Office's, suggesting that
buying MS Office will help with little Johnny's (or Jenny's) homework. Very
few parents are aware of the fact that rather than shelling out the whole
£300+ you could buy the student version for about £100 or better still
download Open Office for free.

Tim