On Thu, 4 Dec 2008, Paul Stimpson wrote:

> It's also true that TV retailers are obliged to inform licensing of
> every TV device purchased and your address as are subscription TV
> providers.

It is though sometimes the retailers get it wrong.

Last year I bought a Freeview receiver online and had it delivered to my
work address, apparently the retailer then passed that address on to the
nice licensing people...

I got a letter about a month later saying they had no record of my holding
a TV license at my office address and asking me to either buy one or
explain why not? I ignored it, they wrote to me again about 3 months later
with slightly more threatening language and I ignored that as well. I've
heard nothing more from them.

   Andy