2008/12/5 Alan Pope <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> 2008/12/5 Stephen Rowles <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
>> "The BBC does not charge you to use BBC iPlayer, nor does the current
>> version require a television licence"
>>
>> Which I guess means they reserve the right to change that to require a
>> license in the future as only the *current* version requires no license.
>>

> Where "they" aren't the BBC.

This is getting even more off topic, but...

One thing that annoys me a little is that much of the media, specially
the live media like news24, can only be viewed if you are connecting
from a UK IP address.

Now I guess this is because they want only UK residents, who they must
be assuming mostly have a TV license, to watch it. Problem is that I
*AM* a UK resident and I *DO* have a TV license but I also do a lot of
travelling and being able to watch news24 from a hotel room elsewhere
in Europe would be really nice but is not allowed.

Would really have liked to hear more the other day while I was in my
hotel room with no English TV and hearing some news about UK and US
people being shot in some other hotels (I didn't know it was in India
at the time).

Guess my real point is that here is a service I am actually paying for
(through my license fee) but which I am not able to use all the time I
would like.

Rich

--
http://radanter.deviantart.com/