Quoting Rik <hlug090...@buzzhost.co.uk>:

> > >nice one, will.
> > >
> > >i love the idea of having a basic installation then choosing which
> > >apps you require... i don't need 3 web browsers, 7 email clients and
> > >19 text editors.
> > >
> > >in fact, i like this idea so much, i've registered on the forum and
> > >hope to donate some time and energy into helping this project.
> >

> > Suprising that we haven't had popular distros doing this.
> > With broadband not being available to some people and BB being
> > flaky enough that sometimes a corrupt ISO is downloaded.
> >
> > Theres also how long it takes for a dvd ISO to download with 4 Mb
> > connection I tend to look for cd based distributions to download.
> >
> > Martin N
> >

> > Co-Moderator of MiniDisc and amithlonopen yahoo groups.
> >

> A tad more bloated, but none the less very worthy of a mention:
> http://damnsmalllinux.org/

I seem to remember than DSL is a pain on CRT monitors.

You cant increase the refresh to 85Hz or more to stop the flicker.
It did get reported to the DSL maintainers but they dont use CRT
so said they werent interested in changing it.

If it isnt DSL its probably PuppyLinux instead that has this CRT
problem.

Martin N