jt,

On Tue, Apr 28, 2009 at 01:20:24PM +0100, jt wrote:
> Andy Smith wrote:
> > This is not specifically a jobs list.  One of those already exists
> > but James has already stated that he won't restrict himself to it
> > because his vacancies are so good that even people who aren't
> > currently looking for work should be told of them.[1]
>
> I have not said that! You wont understand but a lot of the time
> employers are looking to recruit people who aren't specifically trawling
> job boards or job lists.

There's a reason why they aren't.  And of course I won't understand,
thanks for the condescension!  We can't all be dynamic go-getting
and not at all annoying recruiting geniuses like yourself!

> > Most people were willing to tolerate the Camalyn posts until they
> > became extremely repetitive, posted widely across the country for
> > jobs in specific locations far away, and James displayed a total
> > refusal to moderate his own behaviour when asked politely.  He talks
> > a lot but the actual behaviour does not change.
>
> The jobs were not for locations far away!

Posting to non-jobs lists based in Peterborough and Lincolnshire for
a job based in Reading?  Please don't try to justify it again, you
have gone over it again and again on all the other lists.  You may
have had a reasonable point that these types of commutes are
possible for small numbers of people but you just keep pushing it.

> It seems that you are part of a small group of people that like to
> complain about job posts Andy - and effectively burn your bridges!  Why
> don't you just hit delete or consider the job post as a way to see what
> positions are available. Instead you like to put a lot of effort into
> complaining and moaning!

How many lists are you banned from now?  Is it just GLLUG and SCLUG?

I'm afraid it is you who are burning bridges because as I say, most
people including myself are more than willing to see the occasional
job ad, but you do it to a degree which irritates.  And you have to
be pretty irritating to single yourself out from your peers as
irritating when your peers are recruitment consultants.  You've
succeeded in that, and it's recorded in the public archives of
multiple lists for a long time.

I know I am quite the silliest girl in all of England, interested
only in kittens and crochet, and couldn't possibly understand your
world of human resourcing, but even dizzy-headed little me has some
inkling that the sector you are operating in might be a really small
and tight knit community and you're gradually alienating yourself
from it.

For the record I enjoy seeing job ads, both on general Linux chat
lists and on linuxjobs which I help run.

Cheers,
Andy

Encrypted mail welcome - keyid 0x604DE5DB

My words are my own and do not represent Jacqui Caren.