Hello HantsLUG, I have a wicked plan to put up a smart looking wireless
photo frame in a science lab and educate the masses from a safe distance.

Here are some of those frames:

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/151861

http://www.amazon.co.uk/I-MATE-Momento-Digital-Photo-Frame/dp/B000RZMARE/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1241033795&sr=1-5

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wireless-Digital-Photo-Picture-Frame/dp/B001B9RIRM/ref=sr_1_15?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1241033795&sr=1-15

However, a review on Amazon mentions problems with the Linux:

 > I bought this unit some months ago on the grounds of its quality
 > pictures and wifi capability. Completely ignored the fact that
 > Linux was not supported as hardly anyone does, but you can get
 > most things to work with it.
 > Firstly the quality is just as good as expected, miles better than
 > the cheaper frames available. Then Linux - massive problem as this
 > unit uses the Media Player 11 capabilities and I was completely
 > stumped for several months - not too much of a problem as it reads
 > SD cards and USB keys as well as the on-line thing. A couple of
 > days ago I came across TwonkyMedia (their name, not mine!) and
 > problem solved. Works absolutely brilliantly.
 > Only 4 stars as Twonky requires licence.

It seems likely that all these wireless photo frames are powered by
WMP11 strangeness. Does anyone have any experience with this exciting
new technology?