Hugo Mills wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 30, 2009 at 06:42:42PM +0100, Leo wrote:
>
>> I'd also have thought that mplayer or ffmpeg could convert them to
>> MPEG2, but don't know the specific command off the top of my head.
>>

>    Yes, they can. However, your difficulty is shared by everyone else.
> They're both very hard to drive unless you know a huge amount about
> both video encoding and the app in question. That was why I avoided
> mentioning either of them yesterday... :)
>
>    Hugo.

I did this a couple of years ago with mencoder to convert the
format and qdvdauthor to make the dvd. Mencoder needed a
command line about 20 parameters long - I got it off someone's
web page. Qdvdauthor was fairly easy.

The mencode parameters required are probably still on various
howtos. ISTR most of them could just be cut and pasted

MikeD