On Sun, 28 Jun 2009 15:06:14 +0100
Lisi <hants...@googlemail.com> wrote:

> And the most recent installation of Lenny I did (last week) had
> neither K3b nor CUPS there by default in the Desktop packages.  This
> is the first time that this has happened to me.  There was no other
> CD burner so far as I could see.

Hi Lisi

I have never used or needed k3b or any other graphical tool for writing
CDs, Debian provides wodim, not sure if by default but aptitude install
will get it for you. I use it like this from a terminal

wodim -v dev=/dev/cdrom speed=4 /home/jayell/downloads/*.iso

--
John Lewis
using Debian Sid with windowmaker for a nicer desktop