Yes, I'm back on the list (and living in Hampshire again!).

I was pretty impressed with Okular under kde4 and Debian SID. I don't know
Okular's history (could be a new version of KPDF) but it looked pretty good
to me.

It depends what you are trying to do. Are you editing PDFs? or reading PDFs?

Tim B.