On Wed, 1 Jul 2009 12:22:35 +0100
Timothy Brocklehurst <t...@engineering.selfip.org> wrote:

> Yes, I'm back on the list (and living in Hampshire again!).
>
> I was pretty impressed with Okular under kde4 and Debian SID. I don't
> know Okular's history (could be a new version of KPDF) but it looked
> pretty good to me.

It _is_ an updated kpdf

> It depends what you are trying to do. Are you editing PDFs? or
> reading PDFs?

Just reading 'large' Genealogy data files eg

jay...@benden:~/Genealogy_Data$ ls -al  Hants_Burials
-r-xr-xr-x  1 jayell jayell 40317207 2008-10-20 13:19 index.pdf

is just one of the files I am accessing all the time

Okular looks prettier than kpdf, shows the indexes within the file OK
but when I go to the 'H' section from the index, then tell it to search
for 'Hyde' it searches from the beginning of the whole file rather than
just the 'H' section. acroread has no such 'fault'

--
John Lewis
using Debian Sid with windowmaker for a nicer desktop