On 07/31/2009 10:57 AM, Lisi wrote:
On Friday 31 July 2009 03:15:12 pavithran wrote:
Aren't we as linux users
on Cutting edge ?

No

Lisi

I'd agree with that, it is sometimes referred to as the "Bleeding Edge" for a reason!

I like to live by the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" motto and try to avoid doing things (especially upgrading software) without there being a compelling reason to do so. I've been burned in the past and ended up spending days recovering back to a working system due to an over enthusiasm to be on the latest and greatest version just for the sake of it ;)

Now if there are good reasons to upgrade, all well and good, otherwise I say leave well enough alone.

And yeah, some more up to date photos would be nice, but being as of yet I haven't managed to make it along to a single meeting I don't really feel in a position to comment on that one ;)