Hi all

This is way OT but someone on this list might just know of a product to fit my
bill....

I want a gadget that will record one particular radio programme digitally such
that I can listen to it in bed - but here are the constraints:
a) I can get a DAB radio with live pause but I've not seen one that acts like a
PVR i.e. repeatedly records a programme.
b) I can use a PVR - but that requires a TV (which I don't want to leave on) -
and besides even a TV on with nothing on screen still gives off light and makes
it harder to sleep.   Even if I operated a PVR without a TV (i.e. sent the
output to a speaker system) - they're usually extremely fiddly to operate
through whatever display is on the front of the unit.   I have a Humax that
would be just the ticket - were it operable without a tv
c) and finally - there's no TV aerial in the bedroom and (from my testing)
cheapo TV aerials dont' work so well around here.

There is still one [1] product out there that records to SD card but by the
look of it - that records what's on now as opposed to what I want which is
basically to record the news on R4 every night so I can get the headlines no
matter what time I go to bed.

Anybody seen anything I could use.

Cheers
Rob