On Tue, Sep 15, 2009 at 7:46 PM, Adrian Bridgett <adr...@smop.co.uk> wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 15, 2009 at 17:15:18 +0100 (+0100), Chris Simmonds wrote:
>>
>> One option I have considered is using, say, MySQL with one master node
>> replicating to all the others and some mechanism to elect a new master
>> if the original went down. But, that sounds messy. There must be a
>> neater solution?
>
> MySQL + LinuxHA + DRBD is the typical solution.

I thought the OP wanted to make the data available over 50 nodes!
DRBD can only have two simultaneous primaries.

Maybe I misread the original intention.  Unless there's shared
storage, the best way would be to set up an NFS or SMB cluster.

What sort of data is this anyway?   What size?  What usage pattern?
Also - do you have gigabit network or  are you still on 100Mbit?

S.
--
Stephen Nelson-Smith
Technical Director