On 18/09/09 15:04, Stephen Nelson-Smith wrote:
> I've been toying with the idea of getting Redhat certification.  I
> did the pre-assessment questionaires and concluded that I was pretty
> close to being ready to take the RHCE exam immediately, but would
> benefit from the fast track course.
>
> I would appear to be ready to take the RHCT immediately - is there
> any benefit in this, if I'm going to do the RHCE soon anyway?
>
> The fast track course seems to be £1200 (plus £500 for the exam) -
> this strikes me as reasonable value.  Anyone got experience of it?

I used to teach it, if that helps.
The course is very intense in terms of content, covering the majority of
the previous 2 courses in 4 days - local systems administration,
installation, user management etc etc, plus a lot of network services,
including DNS, apache httpd, smb, ftp etc.

If you think you know >= 80/90% of the content then this is an
appropriate course for you.

If there are huge holes in your knowledge, it isn't :)

(I suspect this is not the case here, but trust me on that)

> The alternative is just to prepare independently - is the curriculum
> available?  Anyone got experience of this approach?  Are there any
> study materials available?

There is a course and curriculum overview on the Red Hat training website.

RH300 outline (this will certainly wrap)
https://www.redhat.com/courses/rh300_rhce_rapid_track_course_and_rhce_exam/details/

RHCE Preparation Guide
https://www.redhat.com/certification/rhce/prep_guide/

There are no official practice tests or exam guides beyond the above.

Regards,

Stuart
--
Stuart Sears RHCA etc.