On Wed, Oct 07, 2009 at 12:01:44AM +0100, Samuel Penn wrote:
> On Tuesday 06 October 2009 23:18:27 john lewis wrote:
> > I don't think the name for the next testing version has been chosen
> > yet,

   The name for the next "testing" version is chosen by the release
manager for the current one, on or around the point of the release --
it's considered pretty much the only benefit of the job.

> > names are taken from Toy Story characters. see this link
> >
> > http://www.debian.org/doc/FAQ/ch-ftparchives
>
> That's even worse than Sun's versioning schemes. I like numbers since
> they're easy to compare.

   The released, stable, distributions are given version numbers. The
current Debian stable is 5.0; see answer 6.2.1 on that FAQ page for
the historical ones.

   Hugo.

--
=== Hugo Mills: h...@... carfax.org.uk | darksatanic.net | lug.org.uk ===
   --- In the future, terrorists won't be carrying their ID cards. ---