Mike Dwerryhouse wrote:

> There are also some unofficial spinoffs to try, such as CrunchBang and
EasyPeasy.

I kept UNR on this machine for reference and I like it, nice memories of the
trip:) I added links to the download on my blog post http://tiny.cc/fDQta and
emphasised the small install image size, unbeatable if you think about it.
Also noted the very large number of low power WiFi clouds in that region,
perhaps a later edition of Netbook would have coped better, the Acer Aspire
One, 110-Ab is one of the earliest models.

UNR is on my list of recommended platforms anyway. I didn't want to get into
the comparison discussion particularly, I wanted to take the OS at face value
so my readers can too.

Damian

--
WWW http://www.diaser.org.uk - Open Source Data Vault Application - beta-1