On Friday 08 Jan 2010 16:11:25 Alan Pope wrote:
> Must ...
>
> Try...
>
> To resist...
>
> Extreme pedantry...
>
> 2010/1/8 Adam John Trickett <adam.trick...@iredale.net>:
> > It'll probably be driving a 4:3 ratio LCD at approx 1280x1024 and not
> > used for games other than the solitaire type. I'm not expecting it to be
> > used for video, other than a bit of YouTube.
>
> Nope, can't do it...
>
> 1280x1024 is 5:4, not 4:3 :)
>
> .. and relax..

Indeed, however it is not a silly "widescreen TV" format, it would be 4:3 if
it were a CRT TV. It's not my fault the SXGA spec deviates from the 4:3 ratio
of all the other sane VGA standards....

> In terms of your actual request though. I have only had experience of
> one shuttle device, the one we gave away last year on the podcast.
> Seemed fairly robust, quiet and performant.

I'll have to listen to the podcast to hear what you said back then.

--
Adam Trickett
Overton, HANTS, UK

A bank is a place where they lend you an umbrella in fair
weather and ask for it back when it begins to rain.
        --  Robert Frost