NB: I'm not after starting a "my language is better than yours"
flamewar!

I need to write a small web script (basically a simple front end to
populating an LDAP database).

Normally I'd do this in Perl (and CGI library) because of PHP's pretty
horrific security record, however I think it's time I took a fresh
look to see what to use for the next N years.

I'd like to write it in Ruby if possible, or Python as a second choice
(sorry Adam).  I don't really want a huge massive framework with all
the hassle that involves - really I'm after a "use ... library".

For example looking at Ruby, there is a CGI library which allows you
to perform the usual set/get forms helpers I want.  There is also
eruby to assist with the templates, however integrating the two seems
a bit yucky.  Using ERB seems perhaps slightly easier.  Rails is just
way too much framework for me.

I probably want to end up with something similar to:

- script which has the controller logic in it and displays one of two
templates
- template with the form in it
- template with the result in it

Thanks for any advice/suggestions.

Adrian
--
bitcube.co.uk - Expert Linux infrastructure consultancy
Puppet, Debian, Red Hat, Ubuntu, CentOS