At 09:02 16/04/2010, you wrote:
>On 15 April 2010 16:31, trotter <m.nutt...@ukonline.co.uk> wrote:
> > I have been trying OpenDNS and have noticed similar services while
> > googling.
> >
> > I have it setup now but was wondering if anybody else had tried other
> > services and has any comments on whether they are faster more reliable
> > or have better privacy policies?
>
>The main downside of OpenDNS (and many similar services) is that
>nonexistent domains resolve to one of their ad servers. So when you
>type a nonexistent domain into a web browser, you get an advert.

I dont mind that with the advantage it seems to provide in startup speed

<snippage>

>Now, Google Public DNS doesn't do this, and provides a similar service
>- it falls under Google's standard privacy policy. I'm tempted to use
>it at work, because our main DNS server is a bit flaky...

How long do they retain search data?
I cant remember if its 6months or 2 years and they have been criticised
for it so I get the impression there policy leaves something to be desired.

Martin N

Running MorphOS v2.4 on Mac Mini, Moderator of
MiniDisc,amithlonopen,bwfc Yahoogroups