** Paul Tansom wrote:
>By the way, seeing OpenPilot in your sig. have to taken a look at OpenCPN?
I've not computerised my boat yet, but both these look interesting, and I
signed up on the OpenPilot list a while back to see how its developing.

> OpenPilot - http://openpilot.engineering.selfip.org/
> OpenCPN - http://www.opencpn.org/

Yes, I am aware of OpenCPN, and they are aware of the OpenPilot project. The
main difference between the two is the flexibility of OpenPilot's architecture.
OpenCPN is soley a marine chart plotter, whereas OpenPilot is a collection of
widgets which can be made into whatever you want (There is a sample GUI).

To demonstrate this flexibility, I gave a talk at the combined Hants/Surrey
meeting last month (I will be repeating it at some point), which described
using OpenPilot to discharge a pack of batteries. (using in-built
functionality).

Unfortunately for the project, I have just bought a house which means that I
have no time or money to work on it at the moment. However, anything you'd find
useful just submit to the mailing list.

Cheers,

Tim B.

--
OpenPilot - Open-source Marine Chart Plotter
Lead Developer