On 15/07/10 14:08, Vic wrote:
perl -e 'print reverse<>'<input.csv>output.csv
Yes, but because Python is more legible I stand a better chance of
understanding what it does when I come to re-read it. Not like that
gibberish.
That's just prejudice.

Having spent some time this week trying to debug some Python, I have come
to the conclusion that it is just like any language - intelligible to
those that understand it, and impenetrable to those that don't. But Perl's
debugging tools do seem significantly more usable, from what I've found so
far.

Describing that piece of perl above as "gibberish" is just laziness; its
meaning is trivially understood.

Pedant's corner: "that gibberish" isn't even all perl - the redirects are basic *ix shell !
Vic.