On Thursday 15 July 2010 15:20:39 Victor Churchill wrote:

> > Pedant's corner: "that gibberish" isn't even all perl  - the redirects
> > are basic *ix shell !
>
> Of the Perl bit, 'print' and 'reverse' can hardly be called gibberish,
> so it must be the '<>'.

Given that I am a Perl and Python ignoramus, I might easily have found both
gibberish (or anyhow, unintelligible, which really isn't the same thing).  I
found the "perl" almost fully comprehensible at first sight.  A quick google
furnished the meaning of "-e", which was the bit I didn't understand.

It may well be generally true that Perl looks like gibberish to a Python user,
but I don't see how it can have been in this particular case.

Lisi