Hi all

Purely in the interests of fairness: I have just received some tech support
from virgin media and it worked.   It was delivered from a UK call centre
and the staff member knew exactly what I needed to do.

Also purely in the interests of fairness: it has led to another problem they
can't understand...   Hence my email here - can anyone help?

I have two routers - one on virgin cablemodem, one on Zen ADSL.   Prior to
today, I was permanently using the ADSL router but this prohibited sending
virgin mail as I "wasn't connected to their network".   Fair enough - virgin
is my old email so I wouldn't send anything from it but would receive
(slashdot, netbeans and other mailing lists - not hantslug I hasten to add).
My client (Outlook in this case) would pick up email every couple of
minutes.

Now virgin are "insisting" on a password being entered every time I check my
email once every couple of minutes for 3 accounts - super irritating.   This
despite me ticking the "remember password" box.   Now before anyone shouts
that this is an outlook problem, if I change my default gateway to virgin -
the problem goes away.   The reason is that virgin's mail settings became a
bit stricter a few weeks back.

Clearly I'd like to stick with ADSL as it's my fastest connection and the
only option I can think of is just to dump my old ntlworld addresses -
something admittedly I should've done a while back.   However if anyone does
know a decent workaround - I'd love to hear because it means I would have to
change a few things over e.g. shopping accounts.   I suspect only virgin
mail users will know because there are quite strict settings e.g. changing
the port for outgoing smtp messages.

Cheers

Rob