On 05/10/10 18:49, John Cooper wrote:
> On 05/10/10 18:25, Vic wrote:
[snip excellent advice]

>>> How do I get cron to run them and where do I find any logs files that
>>> may
>>> point to what is going wrong?

show us the output of
crontab -l

as the user who owns these scripts?
plus

ls -l /path/to/scripts

>> Check root's email. cron can mail anyone you tell it to, but if you
>> haven't specified someone (and I doubt that you have), root tends to get
>> the reports.

well, only if the jobs are in root's crontab.
...which is just plain wrong - that's what /etc/cron.d is for (okay,
that's a matter of opinion and a little off-track for this)

[...snip other excellent advice...]

I'm not sure exactly what webmin does with cron.

But setting it up manually could be achieved with a bit of advice (and
it's a good learning experience too)

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/CronHowto

(while I don't agree with all of it, it's mostly pretty good)

Regards,

Stuart
--
Stuart Sears RHCA etc.