On Mon, 11 Oct 2010 18:25:36 +0100, xendis...@gmx.com said:

> Thanks for all the help I have now have it working, not sure exactly
> what the problem was

Two comments, not meant to sound harsh (but I'm aware that they may do).

Firstly, there's no need to quote an entire thread just to say that you
have things working now.

Secondly, you can approach Linux from a number of perspectives, one of
which is to try to understand how it works. That isn't necessarily easy:
it's a complex system and I maintain that I learn something new about
Linux every week (and I've worked with it full time for ten years, and
used it for a lot longer). But if you do want to understand it, I would
suggest that when you come across a problem such as you had, and you
receive advice about how to solve it, you should try one thing at a time.
That will allow you to see what does and does not work (even the 'does not
work' may teach you something), and it will also allow you to teach others
when you thank Fred, Bill, Alice and Susan for their advice, and say that
it turned out to be Susan's idea of doing XXX that fixed it.

Keith