> That sounds like OOo doesn't have the correct font metrics.  Are you
> sure that you've got Trebuchet properly installed?

Not entirely. But the trebuc*.ttf files downloaded from MS are in
/usr/share/fonts/msttcorefonts/ . I think that's right...

> Does it look the
> same as when Word prints it?

Very similar. The font shape looks right to my eye - but OOo renders it
*slightly* wider. That's enough... :-(

> Another possibility would be to set up a font replacement table in OOo's
> options, so that it replaces Trebuchet with something similar that it
> can layout correctly.

That won't be acceptable, I don't think. They've got their style, and they
seem to want to stick to it. If I can't print these docs like that from
Linux, they'll probably abandon the project and go back to Windows. that
would be a shame[1].

Vic.

[1] Although I'll actually make more money from it, as it's generally me
that charges them for delousing this machine :-)