On Wednesday 27 Oct 2010 06:37:29 John Cooper wrote:
>   My icybox died recently and I've just replaced it with a Netgear
> readynas duo 2110 1GB disc* . It runs Debian Sarge. I am really pleased
> with it. Very easy to configure through the web interface, but it also
> has a Linux application on the CD.

I'm guessing that you mean a 1 TB disk not a 1GB disk....!

What do you think of it? It looks like a good buy.

> I tried to change the NFS mount from v3 to v4 but it would not mount,
> "operation not permitted".
>
> sudo mount -t nfs4 -o rw,hard,intr,bg backupserver:/ /archive
>
> After adding the SSH addon (see below) and logging on, I had to add
> "fsid=0" to /etc/exports
>
> "/backup" *(fsid=0,insecure,insecure_locks,rw,async)
>
> which defines the NFS v4 pseudo-filesystem root (only define one at the
> top level). You then only need to mount the root "backupserver:/" in v4,
> which in my config actually mounts the NAS /backup directory.

I don't think NFSv3 is that common so I'm not surprised it isn't supported out
of the box.

--
Adam Trickett
Overton, HANTS, UK

The animals are not as stupid as one thinks - they have neither
doctors nor lawyers.
    -- L Doquier