>>Would your system allow me to use Movie Maker on my Ubuntu 10.10 machine,
do you think?<<

Hi Tony,

I have just checked on the Crossover site and Movie Maker is not known to
work in Crossover.  I do not have the knowledge to suggest a Linux
alternative.

I spend quite a chunk of my time helping Windoze addicts break their habit,
but it is a powerful drug, particularly if used over a long period.  Both
Crossover and Virtualbox helped me recover!

That is why I have given my grand-daughters old notebooks running Edubuntu
with the Quimo desktop.  The trick is to get them early before the Windoze
addiction takes hold.

Mike