On 14/03/11 15:49, Vic wrote:

> Hi All.
>
> I'm trying to get the Python distutils to build some packages for my
> project. I need RPMs and Windows installers.
>
> The project consists of half a dozen .py files and a .glade. All the .py
> files are in a directory with a __init__.py file (empty), and the .glade
> file is also in there. And I included it in the MANIFEST.in file.
>
> My setup.py is along the lines of :-
>
> setup(name='GES',
>       version='1.0',
>       packages=['GES'],
>       package_data={'GES': ['GES.glade']},
>       url='http://solectronics.com/',
>       )
>
> The glade file is absent from all output. The INSTALLED_FILES claims to
> have installed al the .py file to the right place, but rpmbuild whinges
> that the files aren't packaged.

...which usually means that they are in the right place under the rpm
%{buildroot}, but they are not in the rpm %files list.

How is rpmbuild being run here? or are you attempting to run everything
using setup.py? Where is the SPEC file that rpmbuild is using?

--
Stuart Sears RHCA etc.
"It's today!" said Piglet.