>> The glade file is absent from all output. The INSTALLED_FILES claims to
>> have installed al the .py file to the right place, but rpmbuild whinges
>> that the files aren't packaged.
>
> ...which usually means that they are in the right place under the rpm
> %{buildroot}, but they are not in the rpm %files list.

Yes, that's sort of what's happening here - but I don't know enough about
distutils to know exactly what's happening.

The build directory is build/bdist.linux-x86_64, and my .py files are sat
in build/bdist.linux-x86_64/rpm/BUILD/GES-1.0/GES/ ***and*** in
build/bdist.linux-x86_64/rpm/BUILD/GES-1.0/build/lib/GES/ .
INSTALLED_FILES says they are installed into
/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/GES/ , and rpmbuild complains about them
being installed into /usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/ (Note: trailing
"GES" omitted).

I don't know why this should be.

> How is rpmbuild being run here? or are you attempting to run everything
> using setup.py?

I'm running everything from setup.py; this, apparently, is how you're
supposed to package Python (and I need it for the Windows installer
later).

> Where is the SPEC file that rpmbuild is using?

It's in build/bdist.linux-x86_64/rpm/SPECS , and the %files section is
simply :

%files -f INSTALLED_FILES
%defattr(-,root,root)

So I'm pretty much at the mercy of Python's distutils (which I don't
understand).

Vic.