Hi

I often meet people with small businesses and most struggle with the concept
of open source software. My simple aim is to make them aware that there are
alternatives to MS and Mac for them to consider.

Without wanting to debate the subtleties (open source / licences / distros)
that have been covered in the past, does anyone know of a well written piece
which I can refer people to?

Requirements are:

less than one side of A4 (preferably a paragraph)
very plain language - it's for people who treat a computer like a toaster,
turn it on and it works
balanced view

I acknowledge the fact that many people expect something as complex as a
computer to be as simple as a toaster, but frankly that is not the point. I
would like to highlight:

it usually works reliably and quickly
it is often free of charge
it is less prone to viruses
there is no catch.

I have the most problems with the latter - in a business context people
think that not charging for something does not make sense, so therefore
there must be a catch or the software is useless.

Thanks
--
Ed