Has anyone played with it yet?

I'm a bit worried about the complete change in interface and wonder if
I'll still be able to work the way I do now.

I have six work spaces and have one app permanently open and maximised
in each workspace (terminal, claws mail, opera, acrobat reader plus two
spare workspaces for when I need for libreoffice or graphics) and
switch between apps either with a keyboard shortcut (windows key plus <
or >) or clicking on the relevant 'window' in the bottom panel.

The little I read today in El Reg makes me wonder if this will still be
possible. Since gnome2 isn't going to get any new development how long
will I be able to stay with what is familiar and that I am happy with.

For example I don't like the idea that there won't be a minimise
button and there doesn't seem to be any possibility of customising
things like this.

I know that it is going to take a little while until gnome3 makes
into debian sid but it is (mostly) in experimental now so it will
inevitable migrate to sid and testing and likely will be the default in
wheezy.

--
John Lewis
using Debian sid