On Sat, 29 Oct 2011 01:24:00 +0100, Imran Chaudhry wrote:

>On 25 September 2011 21:10, Anton Piatek <an...@piatek.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> Has anyone tried btrfs? The ability to stripe and mirror data across disks
>> of varying sizes really appeals.
>> I understand it is not production ready, but sounds really promising.
>>
>> Anton
>>

>No replies? I was curious about this too. Sounds promising but my concerns
>were bugs as not as mature as ext3/4 and does it really work as advertized.
>Did you get anywhere with it Anton?

I have btrfs on a netbook spanning two differently sized SSDs as a
single volume (running Arch, which is a revelation after Ubuntu). It
just works, but I'm not sure it could be recovered other than from
backup if it broke, and I wouldn't use it with a pre 2.6.38 / 3.0
kernel, as I had some (unrecoverable) issues with much earlier version
(on VMs). The machine also has an encrypted (ecryptfs) home.

In summary, I'm very content with it, and I take regular backups.

-jh