Hi all,

Sorry for the number of messages today - I'm finally trying to get round to
sorting out my server. I'm sure last time I used the server I could get to a
text-console by pressing Ctrl-Alt-F* - F1, F2 etc, and then back to the GUI by
using Ctrl-Alt-F7. However, I can't seem to do that anymore.

My system runs gdm3 on boot, which then does an autologin as a certain user. Is
this likely to stop Ctrl-Alt-F1 etc working? According to a post on the
internet, the command chvt should allow me to switch to a terminal. However,
running that just gives me a blank black screen with a flashing cursor - with
no way out (I had to restart).

Any ideas what I could do to get this working again?

Robin