Hi,

I have been trying to upgrade packages on my Debian installation using apt-get
upgrade. When I ran that the first time it downloaded all of the packages and
installed a number of them, before crashing saying that "dpkg returned an error
code (1)". Whenever I try and run apt-get upgrade again I get the following
message:

Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
  mplayer
1 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
231 not fully installed or removed.
Need to get 0 B/6,280 kB of archives.
After this operation, 8,012 kB of additional disk space will be used.
Do you want to continue [Y/n]?

It says that 231 packages are not fully installed or removed, which suggests to
me that the upgrade process failed half way through. The thing is - I can't
find out how to get it to restart again, and how to install/remove the 231
packages that need dealing with? All of my google searches are turning up forum
posts that are either very old, or don't help at all.

Any ideas how I can get this upgrade properly done?

Cheers,

Robin